February 10 @ 12:00 pm - March 31 @ 12:00 pm
Welcome to Handstand Club! – we have just added more spots to this club as it sold out within 48 hours…
This is a supportive club community for anyone who wants to work on their handstand. Kathryn grew up in gymnastics, then moved to the Ashtanga practice which was full of handstands and arm balances. In her early twenties, she returned to adult gymnastics classes and she has been practicing gymnastics strength training on and off since then. Kathryn is committed to helping people build their confidence, strength, and skill while having fun playing around upside down.
About this class…
- Hosted live on ZOOM (yes, we will also record it and send you the recordings which will be available for 7 days after the class)
- Comes with a PDF and a program so you can keep track of your progress
- 2 classes a week, because consistency is really important
- Wednesday at 12pm EST, Saturday at 10:30am EST
- Participants who can only attend one day live are encouraged to sign up and do the other day as a recording at their convenience
- Classes are 40 minutes long followed by a 20 minute Q&A (show us what you are working on if you want)
***Bonus: When you sign up you will receive a confirmation email with a link to a 30-minute intro class. We recommend you practice along with this class a few times before the Handstand Club begins. This class will help you get prepared for what is coming next.
Wednesday 12pm EST and Saturday 10:30am EST from February 10th to March 31st (15 classes in total)
Early bird price: $150 CAD (must sign up before Jan 20th)
Regular price: after Jan 15th $199 CAD
Mindful Strength Membership subscribers get 30% off the early bird price, must sign up before Jan 20th. Members, we are emailing you a coupon code, if you don’t see it reach out to email@example.com
** $150 CAD is approx $120 USD
More about the class
Handstand training has to be the right balance of strength and skill. Most people just start kicking up at the wall and miss the specific strength training and skill training. This practice also needs to be consistent, which means shorter practice sessions more often. Twice a week for 40 minutes is better than once a week for 60+ minutes. When you sign up you will get access to the live classes as well as the recordings. If you miss a class you can catch up at your own convenience.
Kathryn will be practicing along with you. She is teaching this series because she loves handstands and wants to work on them more consistently too. She will guide you through the 40-minute practice which will include a warm-up. There will be an optional 20-minute Q&A at the end. If you need personalized instruction or you want to show the group what you are working on this is the time.
What to expect?
- A general dynamic warm-up to begin each class
- Specific and progressive wrist strength/mobility
- Shoulder strength/mobility focussed mainly on pushing
- Full body mobility required to practice handstand with more ease (yes mobility helps!)
- Rebalancing exercises for those who want to move away from the wall
- Core strength/awareness to connect your arms to your legs
- A fun and creative environment where we can all work on this playful pose
- Gymnastics style strength training including basic locomotive exercises
- A balance of strength training and skill training
- A PDF to fill out as you go
What you need
- A little bit of empty space on the floor, a mat, and some wall space
- A long resistance band (we recommend latex-free Theraband in red)
- A chair or stairs or counter space for incline push-ups
- A set of yoga blocks or books
- (if you have other props like weights, handstand blocks, ankle weights etc… great, but these are not necessary)
Who is this for?
- You do not need to be able to do a handstand to join, this is not about perfection it’s about progress
- You do not need to be able to kick up at the wall, although we will do this, Kathryn will give you additional options
- People who want to step up their handstand skills in a supportive community
- People who have been trying handstands for a while but need a more progressive system
- People who want to have fun with their movement
This club will be about progress, you can practice with your video on or off, Kathryn will be demonstrating. Class is limited to 100 participants.