- This event has passed.
Strength Training Webinar w/ Dr. Scotty Butcher
October 15 @ 2:37 pm$40.00
How much weight should you lift in order to build strength? Why are we so focused on strength?
In this webinar, Dr. Scotty Butcher will review the evidence for when and how to use different loads (ie. heavy vs. light) for improving muscle strength, power, and mass. As part of this review, he will present different loading prescriptions for different types of trainees with different goals, along with the pros and cons of heavy and light lifting. Finally, Dr. Butcher will provide practical examples of programs that use combined light and heavy loading.
This webinar has already been recorded and will be available for purchase until the end of October.Purchase Webinar Now
Dr. Scotty Butcher is an associate professor of rehabilitation science. His areas of research include…
- Strength training in rehabilitation, older adults, and general populations
- Physiology of exercise and rehabilitation in clinical populations (COPD, chronic diseases, and aging) and athletes
- Exercise testing and training methodology
- Functional effects of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and clinical anaerobic testing
- Functional muscle physiology and rehabilitation
Preparation: In preparation for this webinar we encourage you to listen to episode 172 of the Mindful Strength Podcast.
** This webinar is included in the All-Access Membership. If you have already purchased the All-Access no need to sign up for this, you will automatically be added to the list**Purchase Webinar Now